Friday, August 15, 2008

One month report


Although Jamey is officially 5 weeks old today, I am a bit delayed on the report of his 1 month check-up at the doctor this past Monday. In summary, Jamey is doing fantastically. But that is just in summary. I know that most of you out there are wanting more detail, so here we go.
For one thing, Jamey is growing at a rapid pace. Even we were a bit surprised when we put him down on the doctor's scale and he weighed 11 lb. 7 oz. As has apparently been said, "Melissa must have some good milk!" This put him in the 95 percentile. As for height, he is now 23 inches long, with a growth of 3/4 inches, putting him in the 90 percentile there. Although I don't remember the exact number of his head size, it put him in the 70 percentile. So needless to say, our boy is certainly growing.

Beyond his body size, he seems to be exceptionally strong. He is able to hold his head up pretty much already and if you balance it just right on his hands, he can even hold up his bottle on his own. Not that he knows what he is doing, but it looks like a cool trick! I am very proud of his strength, but it can cause a little trouble when I am trying to burp him when he doesn't want to be burped. I will sit him down over my leg, but when he is angry, he stretches his legs out and won't bend them. Making it impossible to burp him! The doctor says he will probably crawl early, based on how he acts in his appointments... Oh fun!


2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

I miss you so much sis! The video is awesome!!! Amazing, holding his own bottle at 5 weeks! My kids didn't do it until they were like 6 months (at that point they were actually just lazy & liked Mom to do it lol).

I am going to get out there to see you guys!! I wish there was a way you could come out here! Maybe before your maternity leave is up you & Jamey could come & see me.

I promise to give you a call. I miss our talks, with the kids back in school my ability to be on the phone during the day is a bit better (I am a multi-tasker at phone & working, lol). All my love & huge hugs & kisses! Will talk to you very soon. Keep the videos & pics coming!

Sue

Aunt Sue said...

Got the announcement this morning, that is one of my favorite of all the pics. I have to get a frame so he can be added to my wall.

Looking forward to more pics & videos. Modern technology, gotta love it! I love how it keeps me feeling closer to you, experiencing your new motherhood with you & just feeling that little bit closer.

Love you guys!

S