Friday, December 26, 2008

Jamey's First Christmas


Well, it happened. Jamey celebrated his first Christmas. Or at least the first part of his first Christmas. With Jamey here, we have begun to set out a kind of Christmas schedule to follow for years to come, so that we get to spend some time with everyone and still get Mommy-Daddy-Baby time as well. On Christmas Eve, we got to hang out at the West Virginia house, eat a great meal, and open some gifts. On Christmas day, Jamey sat in my lap as I opened presents for both of us. Every now and again, he would reach up and grab at the paper in an effort to help, but for the most part, I distracted him with whichever gadget that made light and sound I had nearby. He loved them all! He isn't picky!

For his big present, Jamey got a Get Up and Go Jungle Play thing from Fischer Price. It has a hippo, monkey and elephant on it, and whenever you move something, it sings. Unfortunately it only has two songs, which I am pretty sure I already know. Ah well. All in all, I think that Jamey really enjoyed his first holiday.

Today, though, he has been a bit more cranky. For one thing, Glenn reached into his mouth today and he felt something we have been waiting for-- the sharp corner of a tooth popping through. And so, I held my breath in anticipation of the crankiness that would ensue. Sure enough, Jamey has been more cranky today. However, the tooth isn't the only bothersome thing. Jamey has also developed some sort of cough. It sounds a little like a wet cough and seems to be a bit of chest congestion. My question to all you mommies out there is-- Is this a coincidence or is this tied to getting a tooth? I know that a lot a lot of other things happen when a baby gets a tooth-- fever, crankiness, other things.... But what about congestion? Baby Center tells me that the jury is still out on this one, but often, the best advice comes from the experience of other moms.

1 comment:

Jacquie Cook said...

I do believe that congestion comes with Teething I know that Joh did get very stuffy and coughy when he teethed a little so yeah that is the sister point of veiw but i am helping raise him so that has to count for something