Monday, April 14, 2008

I am Mechanical!!!

From the shower, Glenn andI had a few things to put together: a swing, a high chair, and (if you really want to count it), the Diaper Champ. Glenn pulled the Diaper Champ out of its' box on Saturday night and took to tackling the High Chair. He thought this was the easier choice. Two hours later he disagreed. Just when he thought he was done, I heard him say, "Why do I have an extra screw?" But in the end, it was put together.

The next day, I felt like it was my turn. I decided that I wanted to prove my independence by putting together the swing all by myself. Glenn grinned at me, got me a screwdriver and sat back in his chair. I must say, it wasn't too tough. Everything fit together logically and I got to flex my muscles with an Allen wrench a few times.





When it was all said and done, Glenn scoffed, "Man, I should have put that one together!"







2 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Dude! That swing is beast. It is magic. When I first visited Detroit and met Michael's niece, she would always quiet down without fail when placed in that thing. I need one that's adult sized.

Aunt Sue said...

Great job, having witnessed Glenn building the high chair, I wish I had been there for the building of the swing. I miss you so much already, wish so much you were going to be able to be here for the graduation! I am so happy that I will get to come out in July to see Jamie!

I love you so much sis!

Sue