Tuesday, April 1, 2008

25.5 week check-up!

Well, it was off to the doctor again today. Let me say, first off, that I so prefer appointments at the end of the workday. I had to go today around 11 and there was absolutely no parking at the hospital and then, I had to wait 40 minutes in the waiting room!

So anyway, all is still perfectly well with myself and with Jamie. My blood pressure was "perfect", as the nurse called it, and Jamie's heartbeat was "nice and strong", as the doctor said. The appointment itself was very fast, and left me feeling like I really am doing a good job of being a little growing ground for the baby. He never seems to have had any problems, and neither have I. Apparently, I am meant to be pregnant all the time. Haha, Glenn, just kidding.

But really, this doctor, a different one from the last time, didn't seem concerned about my weight, leading me to believe, as many have said, that it was just that one doctor. In fact, I had to ask him if it was okay because he didn't bring it up. For all those curious, I have now gained a total of 31 pounds. Granted, at the time that I was weighed, I must have been carrying at least 2 lbs. of water in my bladder. It felt like that much at least.

No comments: