Sunday, March 30, 2008

Maternity Clothes don't fit???

You know you are getting bigger when clothes you bought for being pregnant now don't get over the hips. That's right-- it's getting to be time to look for new pants.

In January, I bought several pairs of pants at Motherhood Maternity. At the time, I was very happy with the purchases. One of them was a really cute sleek (for a pregnant woman) pair of khakis. Too bad I wore them one time, washed them, and they didn't fit anymore. That, I think, has more to do with Motherhood Maternity than to do with me. Needless to say, I was rather unhappy that they no longer fit.

Another pair I bought was an army green pair of cargo pants. They were very cute and were even just a little big. I wore them several times before they got lost in my closet. The other day, picking out an outfit for work, I joyfully came across them. I pulled them out to wear, as I hadn't wore them in quite a while. However, pulling them up, I found that they immediately got snug when they neared my hips. There was no hope for getting them on. So there goes another pair of pants.

On top of that, my Old Navy jeans are getting a little bit tight, as are my black work pants. On those, I can no longer latch them and rely solely on the buttons to hold. Actually, I have found that elastic bands are much better than any kind of buttons on these pants.

All of this has really taught me, though, that I am not really that pleased with Motherhood Maternity's pants. I bought the size that fit me correctly and which even gave me a little room to grow. However, after one or two washes, they were rendered useless. As well, the underwear that I bought only about a month and a half ago, is beginning to unravel. It was my understanding that they really had quality clothes, and I have to say, that I have actually been much more pleased with the quality of the Old Navy and Kohl's Maternity wear. Just putting that thought out there....

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

That is a bummer! I know that Motherhood was great when I was pregnant with Joh. hmmm...go for the bibs, I'm telling you! I LOVED my maternity bibs, they were so comfy, but indeed the "big kids" did tease & call them "clown pants", but comfy is tops on my list! I also enjoyed dresses alot. I too grew out of some of my maternity stretch pants, too short. Try the ones with the panel in the front, those were also good.

Guess they don't design them for multiple pregnancies anymore. The maternity cloths I had made rounds after I was done with them, then I finally told the last person with them to just keep them. Don't really know what to tell ya, at least the looks of them have improved, it used to be difficult to find anything more than a "moomoo", huge flowers, ugly prints, not style at all. It took me 9 months to get the perfect wardrobe, lol.

Love you so much. Was great to talk to you too!! Glad Glen had a great bday, will call you on my trip home, am still in Vegas (weather issues).

Jess said...

I agree with Sue...dresses are the way to go. It will be easier when it starts getting warmer. Being a summer prego, I was in dresses constantly and told hubby that I couldn't bear to wear pants anymore!

I second Kohls...I had good luck with their maternity clothes. I will search around and see if I have anything that will fit you...I'll let you know.