Thursday, March 27, 2008

25 weeks! And going strong!!!


So, here I am. Another few weeks bigger and still happy. I am a little late getting my monthly picture up, but better late than never, right? No, that picture is not photoshopped in any way. I really have gotten that much bigger!
I survived my time on my own, had a visit from my parents last week, happily greeted Glenn back on Sunday, and returned to work on Monday. The general reaction after having not seen me for 10 days, from my colleagues was: "Oh my goodness, what happened to you over Break?" Apparently, I bloomed over the break. It could, perhaps, have to do with the Hardee's burgers, chocolate pie, and extra snacks I ate in that week without Glenn. Regardless, I still feel great and have decided not to worry about how much weight I may or may not be gaining. I am watching what I eat, and notice that I'm just not as ravenous as I was for a while.
And who would have thought that a 6 month old fetus would keep to a schedule, but lo and behold, it has to be around 4 every morning that I start to feel the little one stretching out in my belly. Kicks here, punches there. Early in the morning he wakes me up, and when he does start to kick, it is certainly regular. Glenn has also finally been able to feel him on a more regular basis. When I put his hand on my belly in the mornings, he comments at how much the baby is kicking now. He has no idea!!! I feel it all the time!!

2 comments:

Jackie P. said...

I love the new picture!You are really looking great.Jamie is going to be such a lucky little boy.Such a miracle happening.:)

Love to all,
Aunt Jackie

Aunt Sue said...

Ohhhh, sis, you are huge! In a good way, I am soooo happy for you & Glen!! I agree with you on the weight thing, just watch what you eat & enjoy being able to eat it! Heaven forbid you actually keep on a few extra pounds after Jamie gets here. LOL

I will tell you the very best weight loss secret, it is called the "toddler chase weight loss program". I always lost about 20 pounds when each of my babies hit about 18 months. It was actually awesome.

Man, I have been dying for a baby fix, why do you have to live so far away! My babies, Ayden & Anna, are now into the 2 1/2 phase & are a blast to play with & chase around, so now I need one of my friends to have another baby for me to cuddle & goo over! I have dropped some hints on the ones of child bearing years, but Lisa is the only one who has a mate. :) But, I guess you never know what will happen. Not me, that is all I know. I am starting to reach the phase of my numbers in my house going down, I am ready for play, spoil & give back (not from mine yet though!!)

I love you sis! I wish I could see you soon....you never know, hopefully this summer!

Sue