Monday, March 3, 2008

My new favorite maternity shirt...


Well, I got a new shirt today that I just had to share with anyone. Let me give a little backstory, first. At our school on Wed., we are going to be having Battle of the Classes, where members of each class will be competing in things like tug-of-war. Leading up to the Battle is the Spirit Week. There is a theme every day, and being the fun teacher I am, I have tried as much as possible to take part. I wore my pajamas on Pajama Day (not that that was a big struggle), I wore my UVA shirt on College Jersey Day, and then today, I had every intention of wearing a tie-dye tank top for Tie-Dye Day. But it was Monday and I forgot.

I went into school, shrugging and thinking, Ah well, the tank top probably wouldn't have fit anyway. I checked my email when I got in and had a surpising and exciting email.... "Frau W, Alex (a girl) and I made you a tie-dye shirt. We will try to come by in the morning and drop it off. --Sami" And what a smile it put on my face.

They showed up at 7:17 with my tie-dye shirt and I was really impressed with their work. I could never tie-dye the way they had. And even better... it wasn't just any shirt they had dyed for me. They had gotten a maternity shirt and dyed it. I tell you, I'm not sure what I do to be so lucky to have such great kids, but I really do feel blessed. (And the cotton is so soft too!!!!) Then again, I am touring UVA with Sami over Spring Break, so she better be nice to me. :)




2 comments:

Jacquie Cook said...

That is so cool you have fantastic kids! I did it for my boss too she loved that! Well I love you and I love to see that belly! thanks for keeping us out here updated!
love you
Jacquie

Aunt Sue said...

Kids, you can't live with them & you can't live with them. LOL. Just kidding, that is so cool that your students love you. I can tell you as a parent of high school students, the good teachers make it all worth while! It is so helpful to everyone involved when you have a teacher like you, that cares & is liked, while still getting the kids to behave & do their work. That is the ultimate respect & I am so proud of you. Thanks for being one of those teachers! I wish we had more of them!

Love the shirt! Your belly is getting so "out there", I am so enjoying watching you grow & seeing that big smile on your face! I love you sis!

Suz