Monday, February 25, 2008

Stop the train on the weight gain....

So, who would have guessed it-- apparently, I am gaining too much weight too fast!

I went to my monthly appointment today and met Dr. 3 in the OBGYN practice. I liked her as well as the other doctors, although she seemed a little more rushed, than the other two. In any case, for the first time in all my visits, my weight was mentioned. Apparently, in the last month, I jumped up by 9 pounds, meaning that according to the measurements they have taken of me, I have gained 20 pounds at 20 weeks. According to Dr. Couret, they prefer that I would have gained closer to 10.

In retrospect, I think that my eating habits in the last month, have turned to a little excessive on the sweets. My first three months, I was really good. But now cottage cheese has been replaced by cookies, apples have been replaced by chips. And maybe, when I went to Silver Diner at eleven at night, I should have picked EITHER the bread pudding or the large oreo malt shake, not both. So from now on, I will go back to my healthy snacking ways. Don't worry-- I am sure I will still eat as much as I ever did, but maybe I will just make the portions a little smaller and not eat until I am stuffed.

Here is the thing, though: suddenly, everything tastes amazing. Granted, things like crepes with Nutella in them are always going to taste amazing, but even things that are normally "alright" are now awesome! And snacking is just so much fun. These are feelings I have never had before.

Other doctor news:
-the doctor reiterated that everything from the sonogram looked as it should. All the organs are present and now they just need their time to grow and mature.
-for the first time, they used a tape measure to check my belly growth. The tape measure doesn't lie-- I am right on track for where I should be. Apparently, my uterus is now 21 centimeters long. That's just a little scary; I'm not gonna lie! (Scarier is the fact that at first, I accidentally typed inches instead of centimeters and it took Glenn laughing at me to go back and change it. Oops.)

2 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

I never would have guessed it either! Glad to hear everything looks as it should.

Aunt Sue said...

Okay, I have a bit of issue with this lady doctor saying this to you. I do understand that you don't want to gain toooo much weight, but does she understand that you were underweight when you got pregnant? Some people you can't go by "the book". I was way overweight when I got pregnant with Joh. I only gained 14 lbs my entire pregnancy & actually lost weight in the last month. They were never concerned as I had so much extra to offer him. Did they mention that in the last trimester many times you will loose weight? As the baby grows he will push on your tummy & you will get full faster. Or sometimes just not be that hungry. Anyway, enough of my big sister protective ranting. I do agree that healthy eating is better, but it doesn't have to be boring healthy eating. Hopefully you are finding good recipes in your Cooking Light also. I have found so many of those to be so good no one believes it is from Cooking Light. Plus they even have baking recipes in there too. : )

So, enjoy your eating & hopefully that will stick around after Jamie comes around. If you keep a few extra pounds, is that really a bad thing? Be sure to check out the recipes on my blog, I need to add some more (come to think of it). Most of them are yummy & not tooo bad for you. I guess I should also try to post some of the "healthy but yummy" ones also. hmmmm, have to think about that for today.

Glad to hear that Jamie is healthy & doing well & that you are 21cm & not inches, GRIN!

Love you sis, enjoy this time, but not too much, or before you know it you will end up with 4,6,or 8 kids b/c you love being pregnant so much! LOL.

Sue