Friday, February 22, 2008

The decoration begins...

And so it begins... the decoration of the room, that is. Yesterday, the bedding I ordered came in so we spent part of our snow day putting that onto the already built crib.

Ignore the fact that the valance is currently attached to the crib, for lack of a curtain bar to hang it on. It was a great deal for all the pieces and I demonstrated to Glenn how to use a diaper hanger (not pictured). Then, after a jaunt out to see No Country for Old Men (which left me saying, "Eh, so what?), we arrived home to another big box-- the stroller. Or to be exact, the Quattro Tour Travel System from Graco. Coincidentally, the crib sheet that came with the set matches the polka dots on the stroller we decided on.


After much playing around, I think we finally have all the levers and locks and snaps figured out.

Speaking of No Country for Old Men, on our trip to the movie theater, I discovered one of the many things I love about being pregnant-- besides the whole, carrying my child thing. We went to the movie at Reston Towne Center, which (take my word for it) always creates a headache where parking is concerned. Giant parking garages galore and they are all always full. So we drive up with 10 minutes to park, get to the theater and sit down for the movie. As usual, we begin to drive past rows and rows of cars. Amidst them all was the oasis of one single parking spot left untouched. Three spots down from the elevator, no less. As we begin to turn in, my peripheral vision notices there is a sign at the spot and I groan. This is probably a spot for a cop or some VIP of Reston Towne Center. But no!!! My dear friends at Reston Towne Center have had the good sense to install two "Expectant Mother" parking spots in their parking garage. I have yet to figure out why, but I don't really care. It saved us 20 minutes of looking for a spot and we were able to get to our movie on time.

Although I wasn't all that impressed with the movie, Jamie seemed to like it, as he kicked me a lot throughout the film. Maybe it was all the gunshots in the movie. He wanted to know what in the world was going on!!! (In case you are one of the few unknowing ones, Jamie is the baby's name-- short for James)

Other perks of being pregnant:

1. I am going to become really strong, carrying all these baby carriers and getting the stroller around.
2. The obvious one-- ice cream and popcorn are actually recommended snacks over things like pretzels! Who would ever have thought that popcorn is a great source of fiber, but my Cooking Light tells me it is so.
3. Everybody is nice to you (with the exception of scary men at Fudrucker's in DC-- right, Linds?)
4. People constantly spoiling me and insisting on doing things for me that I am sure that I could do....
5. Being able to do really dumb things and then saying, "Ah, it was the pregnancy", so then Glenn doesn't get too frustrated.


1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

Ah, the fun has begun! All the "stuff"! I LOVE the stroller & the crib looks JUST like Joh's. Is it a 3 in 1? In other words goes from crib to toddler bed to full size? He still uses his (although it is a full size bed form now). We LOVE it, it is good & sturdy & the dressers that come with it are amazing (put up with anything). I have the "big dresser" that had the top that was a changing table & then when they get bigger, it is just a dresser top.

Ah, yes, the fun parts of being pregnant. I am so very happy for you that it is going so great for you! See, you are with me, loving pregnancy. Glad to read that you are getting your Cooking Light. Are you lovin' them? Never checked with you to make sure you were recieving them. I love them also for the great articles.

Well, sis, just had to say hi & loving the "stuff"! Can't wait to see more! Love you so much! Talk to you soon!

Forever your sis!

Sue