Friday, February 15, 2008

It's a......





Yes, today was the big day. And I will go ahead and tell you what you have all been waiting for, although many of you already know the news....





It's a boy!




I have no doubt, due to the following picture: (Look for the small arrow pointing to "the package")


The technician-- we'll call him Bob so I don't have to keep typing the word technician-- asked us early in the ultrasound, "Do you want to know the sex?" I told him yes and he immediately said, "It's a boy." No doubt, no hesitation.

He proceeded to take about 50000 pictures and I craned my head to catch every little foot, arm, and leg (all in tact, might I add). I wondered if at first I would disappointed, but as soon as I saws his little hand move in that computer screen, any other thought was gone. That was my little boy and there could be no other way, and there shouldn't be. A little boy to take to football/basketball/hockey/swim... practice. A little boy to teach to plattl. A little boy to play on the already 9-boy-strong Van Welzen football team. What could be better?

The greatest part about the sonogram, that really got the adrenaline pumping, was seeing movement on the screen. At first, I thought it must just be because the man kept moving his little sensor thing. But then I kept seeing the flash of what looked like a little fist and a little arm. I asked the man, "Is he moving?" And sure enough, there before my eyes, he was squirming around. On another occasion, as Bob checked out a face shot, the baby opened up his mouth and you could see the big black hole opening and closing on the screen. According to Bob, he was saying, "Hey Mom, what's up!"

Of course, the baby made the ultrasound "interesting." Apparently he was very cozy down low in my pelvis, keeping Bob from getting all the shots he needed. So we had to do an internal exam, as well as a normal one. I didn't care. I just wanted to keep seeing the baby.









5 comments:

Jackie P. said...

CONGRATS Glenn and Melissa :).Its so exciting that now you can say "our little BOY".You said early on that you felt it was a boy and your intuitions were correct.I'm so happy for you and your new news.Now its time to go SHOP for baby boy Rife!Yeah,another little great nephew!

Jeanne said...

Yay! I love all the boy clothes: dinosaurs, trucks, trains... (I can do without the "little slugger" ones, but I guess if you're into sports they're cute, too).

So now the Rife line continues. Cheers to the heir apparent!

Melissa said...

Yes, Jeanne, and now Anthony will have a little male buddy to go with all his girlfriends. :)

Nina said...

Oh, Liss! Bryan told me the other day. We are sooo excited for you and Glenn. We just absolutely love having our boys. I cannot imagine our live without them. Congratulations to you both and a big kiss and hug from the Colorado VW clan. Love you! Nina

Hannah said...

my mom works there! haha.