Sunday, February 3, 2008

Mmmm....Barbeque sauce

So, yes, it has finally happened. I have had a weird food craving.

The other day, I came home from work to be greeted by the lingering smell of the fire we had lit in our wood fireplace the night before. As I walked into the house, the smell reminded me of BBQ sauce and suddenly, I felt, "Man, BBQ sauce would be good right now." The problem was not the lack of sauce, as I knew we had a bunch of that. The question was, "What can one dip nonchalantly in BBQ sauce? There were no chicken nuggets to be found in the house and that is the only thing that came to mind. So I tried to push the thought out of my mind, but as I watched my soap, the nagging desire for BBQ sauce wouldn't go away. So I went to the fridge and searched. At long last, I had a solution. A cheese stick. So I poured the sauce into a little sauce cup and took my typical television watching spot. But the cheese stick went too fast and I had extra BBQ sauce in my cup that just couldn't be wasted. So I looked in the pantry and there was a half a bag of Tostito's left. PERFECT! You could dip Tostitos in anything..... right?

Well, it may sound weird to you, but it sure tasted good and has now become an occasional snack staple. I was delighted when I went to my brother's house and my nephew Ben joined me in my strange new snack. To him, it seemed normal. He likes BBQ sauce. He likes Tostito's. Why not enjoy the two together? Smart man!

My question is, if you are supposed to get cravings based on a nutrient you are missing, what nutrient is in BBQ sauce that I am missing? Perhaps I am not getting enough corn syrup! :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

hmmm vinegar? :)

Jackie P. said...

Your snack sounds pretty good to me :).I ate lots of sugar with Glenn's cousin Larry...1/2 gal of lemon custard ice cream and a bag of chocolate candy(at one sitting)I also ate lots of homemade blueberry cobbler...one would have thought that with all the added sugar I would have gained a ton...I was lucky with gaining weight during my pregnancies...15 lbs with Larry and he weighed 8.2,Heather I gained all of 10 lbs and she weighed 8.12 and I gained the most with Ben,19 lbs with him weighing in at 9.4.
Enjoy whatever you want to eat :)right now.Sending lots of love your way!

Jacquie Cook said...

sounds yummy to me lol maybe i guess =)