Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!!


Has it really been 6 months already? Well, yes, as of today, it has. People always say that it goes fast, and I wasn't sure I believed, but now I do. It is crazy to believe one person can go from a blob to this tiny person so quickly. I am sure I have said that 1,000 times, but it never seems like enough to me.

I cannot yet report on his weight and height, as his doctor's appointment isn't until Tuesday, but it seems like his tricks come faster and faster.
Now that Jamey can sit up, it is nice to be able to surround him with small grabbable toys, and sit a bit away and watch him. He loves anything that rattles, and indeed, checks every one of his toys to see which ones make noise. He will reach out, grasp something in his little palm, and then start to "work the wrist." When I say work the wrist, I mean that he shakes his toys without using his elbow. Try, if you will, to shake something in your hand, using only your wrist. This is what Jamey does. Today, he had one thing in each hand, shook them individually, and then scraped them against each other to see what sound that would make.
Bath time has also improved greatly for Jamey now that he can sit up. Thanks to Aunt Sue, who sent him a little chair that attaches to the bath tub, for him to sit in. Rather than laying down on a towel, he can sit and splash. On Thursday, he used it a bit as a recliner and just lounged back in his little chair, but today, he could have stayed in there all night. The irony of which toys interest babies is not lost on Jamey. With all the floatie toys he has received to play with in the tub, he finds the most interest in playing with.... the cup that I use to wash his hair. Figures!




(I just had to share this last picture because it really illustrates the point of how babies can eat away your money."
Yes, that is my credit card. I gave it to Jamey today to play with as his newest toy. Don't worry, I had to cut it up anyway, thanks to something called mass compromise. Did you know that if a merchant's credit card information is stolen, they let Visa know and Visa freezes your account and you have to get a whole new credit card? Well, I know that now!)





3 comments:

Jess said...

I love the new pictures...we need to get Jamey and Katie together now that he can sit up.

Katie loves her bath seat too...I think they have the same one. Although she has plastic turtles, balls, and swimming fish, her favorite bath toys are a measuring cup (that she took from the kitchen) and a plastic spoon (I dont know where she got it). She stirs the spoon in the plastic cup to "make soup". I don't even know why we buy toys!

I'm also glad to see that Jamey has a credit card addiction, just like Katie! They are like little twins!

Jacquie Cook said...

omg he is getting sooooo big I can not believe it!!! I miss you guys!!!! kisses to all!

Aunt Sue said...

Hey sis!

I know you have given up on me ever coming to see you, I don't blame you & it makes me so sad.
:( I told Chris by the time I get to go see Jamey he will be going off to kindergarten! God I hope not! I love you guys so much & really miss you. You are in my thoughts every single day & I just want Jamey to know how much I love him & look forward to meeting him. Chris says they are going to be doing Cricket work in DC but that it is probably too far away from their office here to do the work...but, ya never know what could happen. lol Just know that we all love you guys & I am so glad we keep in touch! I promise I will get there eventually...looks like Chris is going to be doing ALOT of travelling this year.

I am so happy that he loves his bath chair. Aren't they the greatest?! Keep me posted on stuff like that he could use or would like...we haven't got him a Christmas present yet anyway & I want to be the aunt that sends him cool stuff...just b/c. : )

Love to all of you & huge hugs for the cutest little baby I have ever seen! You are so lucky, he is so awesome, you guys are such great parents, I never had any doubts!

Forever in my heart & thoughts,

Sue