Sunday, May 4, 2008

30 weeks and still growing....

I have now hit 30 weeks, which means I am only 10 weeks away from the big day. It seems to be passing like lightning these days. With another month came another visit to the doctor, which also meant meeting another doctor from my practice.

This time I met Dr. Dobrinksi. I know that isn't how you spell it, but it is close to a phonetic spelling. When she walked in, I thought she looked a little bigger in the same places as I am, but I didn't want to say anything. Lo and behold, she informed me that she was, in fact, due a week after I am. How interesting. A doctor who is going through the exact same thing as I am, at the same time. Needless to say, with so much in common with her, I like her the best of all. Of course, I am sure that she won't be my doctor, as she may be in the same situation I am, at the same time.

In any case, as she sat down, she asked how the pregnancy had been. In her words, "on paper, you look fantastic." Lucky for me, I do, in fact, feel fantastic as well. (Which by the way, is the most common question I have to answer-- "How are you feeling?" For better or worse, I never have a very interesting answer to this.)

The heart rate was good. I measured right where I should. I apparently passed my glucose test two weeks ago, and I even have enough iron and don't have to take added supplements for that. From where she found the heartbeat, it is her belief that he is already turning towards being head down. Normally, this happens at 32 weeks, so I guess I am a bit ahead of schedule. I always was an overachiever. Apparently, I have passed that on to my son.

Frankly, two weeks early would be okay, as long as he is okay. That would be two more weeks I would get to have with Glenn, Jamie, and I all together in the summer. But we shall see...

Coming soon.... Glenn and I start our childbirth classes on Wednesday. Can't wait to watch the video. (Sarcasm)

No comments: