Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shower #2: The Work Shower

At the end of any Friday, getting together after work is always a good idea. And thus, I was delighted last Friday as both Glenn's and my departments came together to have a baby shower for us. Naturally, the shower was held at Judy's, as she has the party house du jour. And, even better, we had my favorite type of food-- barbeque. BBQ beef, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, meatballs, buns, cornbread... I mean, really, what more could I have asked for?

The shower was a success and it left us with a good amount of chocolate cake and another bundle of goodies. We received the last of our big items-- the Pack n Play-- as well as many of the smaller things that we had put on our registry.

All of this meant something great for Glenn-- more stuff to put together. Actually, the Pack N Play is pretty amazing. Well, at least it was from the angle I was waching from. Who is to say how I will feel about it once I have to be the one to put the Pack n Play together.

Also interesting at the shower was a game we played in which everyone had to predict my answers on whether I wanted James to have certain features from Glenn or myself: eyes, ears, mouth, nose, humor, teeth, height, weight, and personality. I am happy to say, at least, that Glenn and I were right on board with each other on this one. And here are the answers, for future posterity: Eyes: Me, Ears: Me, Mouth: Glenn, Humor: Me, Teeth: Glenn, Height: Glenn, Weight: Glenn, Personality: Me. You may have noticed that I left out Nose. However, that is something else that Glenn and I have agreed on-- either way, he is screwed. :)

Thank you to all my colleagues for the great get together and especially for all the awesome food! I'll be asking for some recipes soon.

No comments: