Sunday, May 4, 2008

High five, little guy!

I am beginning to think that Jamie is REALLY running out of room. The movement I feel with him is almost constant when I am sitting down. When I am standing, I rarely feel much of anything, but as soon as I am still, he feels the need to remind me of his presence-- as though I were going to forget.

However, it is undeniable how amazing and hypnotic it is. Sitting in my recliner, watching TV, with my laptop on a pillow in my lap, there is a wave of motion in my belly. A little brush here, a little bounce there. But really, it isn't so much kicking any more. It used to be, that I would feel a sharp smack somewhere in my belly. Not it kinda feels like he is moving his hand across the inside of my belly. Like might happen if he were rolling over and ran out of room. And from the pictures my book has shown me, he most certainly is running out of room!

The coolest part of all this, though, is when he seems to settle mid-shift. It begins with a normal motion. That usual little skim across my belly, but then the movement stops. Yet, I often find I am left with some tiny pressure in one particular place. His favorite place to press is right up next to my belly button. I can't help but think, is my belly button poking in, making him curious as to what that "button" is. Making him wonder, what happens if he presses it. In any case, when this happens, I can't help but stop and put my hand there.

Undoubtedly, I feel a little hard spot, obviously different from the slightly soft spots everywhere else. So I will gently push down on it and then suddenly, the hard spot is gone. I like to tell my students that he is giving me a high five, as I believe that the location indicates that it is a hand, rather than a foot.

My other new obsession is to sit in my chair and just watch my belly, as he flips and flops around. My whole belly quakes and bounces suddenly here and there. The other day, for the first time, I saw a limb push out and along the curve of my body for a second. I have been told of this phenomenon and it certainly is cool! When I called Glenn over to watch "the show" this morning, he could barely believe that this is happening all the time inside of me.

The next step will be when he does indeed decide to make his presence known while I am up in front of a classroom of 20 some students. I can hardly wait. They are already loving observing my new "almost outie".

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

Oh, so cool! I told you that part was awesome! I just love to be able to watch them moving around inside of you. It makes it just so amazing! The idea of a tiny person living inside of you, it will never cease to fasinate me!

Oh I do wish I was there to "watch the show"!! I miss you sis, keep telling Jamie that Aunt Sue loves him very much!

Love to all you guys! Your big sis always!

Sue