Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"3 month" update


Although Jamey is now already 13 weeks, he went for his 3 month appointment today.  He continues to "overachieve".  His weight is now 15 lb. 14.5 oz (92%).  His height is 25.5 inches (90%).  And his head had a growth spurt up to 17 1/8 cm (95%).  

On the way in, the nurse who had helped us previously stopped to say hello in the hallway, causing our current nurse to say, "Hey, stop talking to my patient."  At which, every other nurse or doctor we passed on the way to the room stopped to wave at Jamey.  "He can't help it," I said, "he is a flirt."

Throughout the entire appointment, he kept up his happy behaviour and Dr. Eng Tow even had to stop her checkup and laugh when he flashed his wide grin at her.  "He is cracking me up.  Is he always this amenable?" she asked.  To which, I sat up a little straighter and proudly pronounced, "Yes, except when he is hungry, tired, or poopy."

And while I am updating, let me just say that Jamey had a BIG week last week.  Sunday night, after Christopher's birthday party, he was worn out from keeping up with Christopher, and slept through the night.  I thought it would be another fluke, as he did this the night after the Renaissance Fair too.  But lo and behold, he continued through the week.  And just when we thought he would sleep through the night forever, he didn't.   For the past two nights, he has woken up for his one feeding, which I think may have to do with the cold that he caught from me.

As if that weren't impressive enough, on Friday, I put him on his tummy for tummy time.  This 
usually ends in him face down and shrieking.  Today, I was watching General Hospital while we played.  Apparently, Jamey wanted to watch too, as judged from the way he propped himself up and gazed up at the screen. I was about to start encourage him to push up and over, when suddenly, he was teetering on the point of rolling over.  A second later, he had flopped over onto his back.  I jumped to my feet and screamed!  Thankfully, he repeated the trick for Glenn once he got home. 

3 comments:

Jess said...

There is no stopping him now!

Jacquie Cook said...

omg he is so big!!! I can not believe he flipped over!

Aunt Sue said...

Wow! He is such a big boy! I am still working on whether I am coming in November or not. I have found tickets in my price range & think I will be. :) I am torn though as I REALLY want the 4 of us to come at Christmas! I figure there is no way to do both. Hmmmm... I am going to relook at the tickets this weekend & make a final decision. It is the best 40th birthday present Chris could have ever given me!

I love you sis. I will keep you posted! Hugs & loves to Glen & Jamey!!