Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A weekend with Friends

I must admit, it is funny because I think that I am really starting to appreciate "Mommy" friends.  I have always had friends who have kids, but now, it seems, that the ones that I feel I can talk with the most are the ones who have kids themselves.  Lucky for me, we are in the middle of a baby boom and there are tons of people with little kids.  

This past weekend, Jamey and I both got to spend time with two of ou
r favorite people-- not to mention their children.  For me, I got to spend time with Jess and Monica, while Jamey got to hang out with his buddies Katie and Christopher.  On Saturday, he celebrated Katie's first birthday and on Sunday, we visited the Renai
ssance Fair with Monica, Chris, and Christopher.  

I must admit, he slept through the majority of Katie's party, but he got passed around a bit, nonetheless, and even got a hug from the birthday girl!  Kind of.  At least she didn't try to hit 
him in the head.  In signing his name on the card of her present, I realized that this is the first of many many many birthday parties we will be attending for Jamey's friends.  Granted, this one 
also happens to be the daughter of one of my best friends, but whatever.

And Christopher continues to try to guide not
 only Jamey, but us in how to take care of Jamey.  When it began to rain at the Ren Fair, he was very worried that Jamey not get wet.  He even let Jamey use his big boy stroller, if for no other reason than it allowed him to splash in the mud puddles.  But Jamey found much to look at when we were at the Ren Fair, from the waving flags to the horses in the joust, to the band that Glenn helped him to conduct.  

I am really grateful to have these friends, especially because they afford me an opportunity for Jamey to make lifelong relationships.  I hope that in years to come, I will be able to show Katie and Jamey their picture and have them blush in embarassment and say "Aww Mom!"

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

It is so nice to have friends with little people the same age. For me I got to meet one of my very best friends through the kids. It can work well that way too. In turn, Emmy & I have already planned Joh & Anna's future. Right now she is only 3 & he is 7 but...well, Chris is 6 years older than me. : )

Sounds like a super fun weekend. Jamey is getting soooo big! I am working on a plan for all of us (currently in the household) to see all of you (out there on the East coast)...hmmm, have started to introduce the idea to Chris, wish me luck! : )

I love you sis! Hugs, kisses & loves for you & your 2 guys!

Sue