Monday, October 6, 2008

Party Animal

To the naked eye, it may seem that Jamey is something of a party animal and active little man.  Well, I must say, it is because he is.  He always loves to be a part of what is going on, likes to watch his older friends and learn what is what.  And of course, what would a party animal be without parties?  What with Oktoberfests every weekend, I think he has it down.  But beyond that, he has also attended two birthday parties and he isn't even three months old yet!

Yesterday, we headed off to the Brown's (Monica and Marla's parents) to celebrate Christopher's 2nd birthday with a Curious George themed party.  Just as with her wedding, Monica did a lot of the preparation herself.  She put together a cupcake cake decorated as Curious George, burned CD's for all the goody bags (with Jack Johnson Curious George music), and even made a beanbag toss type board with 
Curious George on it and a hole in the mouth where you threw in bean bag bananas-- yup, those were homemade too, but by Monica's mom.  Not to be one to be left out, Jamey took part in all parts of the festivities, from staring at the bubbles coming out of the bubble machine to falling asleep in Mommy's arms while she pretended he was hitting the pinata.  And of course, he had some cake-- second hand, that is.  
Don't worry, we aren't getting anywhere near time for him to eat cake himself.  And what was Jamey's favorite part of the party, you ask?  Well, it was a tie between the fan in the Brown's living room and the balloons hanging up outside.  

Along the lines of our strong, active party boy, Jamey is getting quite strong.  He can now stare at a rattle for a few minutes and then grab for it and shake it.  

As well, he falls asleep in his car carrier now with his hand entangling in the rings hanging down.  And now and again, he grabs ahold of my finger and won't let go.  Perhaps the strangest feat of strength is what I found when I went to get him from bed this morning.  You see, when Jamey sleeps, we lay him down on a sleep positioner, which keeps him from rolling over onto his stomach.  There is a flat part in the middle and on either side of him a pyramid like tube thingie to hold him in.  Except it doesn't really hold him in anymore....  When I went to get him this morning, this is what I found....

In case you didn't know, the positioner SHOULD be under him and opened up more, not crumpled together in a pile below him.  This is one of those times when I really wish that we had a camera on him at all times.  

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

Oh I do LOVE modern technology! This morning I have been able to "visit" with you & Jamey & also my daughter. How cool is that! I can not get my videos to download onto my blog, must be a software issue. Makes me sad, I would share videos too as I know how cool they are. But, oh, well, I just post TONS of pictures. LOL!

He is getting so big, I guess the blog is a double edged sword. Every time I see new stuff I tend to tear up a bit. I wish I could be there! I can be so bad about calling often enough & I didn't get to call you back yesterday.Iegan the chase on my 3 year old & then we had Tae Kwon Do & on & on. I promise to try very hard to call you back today! I love you guys tons! I know I promised to come & see you & someday we shall. Just know that I am thinking about you & Joh is getting to "know" Jamey through the blog also. Yeah! He does SO love little babies, he wants to meet Jamey too.

Love you sis, I am not rambling on your blog time. LOL Talk to you soon!

Sue