Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jamey's Dance Partner

After four short months, Jamey is no longer the "baby" of the dance group.  It only took that short amount of time before someone else in the group had a baby.  For months, we  had been debating whether Bill and Lara would have a boy or girl, giving Jamey a dance partner to waltz with, or someone to fight with in the Bankltanz (where two guys plattl and fight over a bench).  And then, about a week ago, Leah Nicole was born.  

I was excited to meet her, as I know she will be a big part of Jamey's life, as he grows up.  Someone to pal around with at dance practice, someone to learn to dance with, and someone to just be a kid with, and get into trouble.  Jamey's second girlfriend-- after Katie, of course.  

On Monday, our group was invited to a Thank You early Thanksgiving dinner at our favorite 
local restaurant-- Euro Bistro.  We were all excited to get to meet Leah, and when I walked in and saw how tiny she was, my jaw dropped.  I 
believe she is 6 pounds and with a now 17 lb 5 oz baby, even I was in awe of her size.  Bill held her in one arm, as she slept in his arms.  As soon as he saw me, he said, "Where is her dance partner??"  I scooped a sleeping Jamey out of his carrier and we posed for a picture.  And let me just say, this picture makes Jamey look like a giant!  As Glenn says, it's funny to see me, who is pretty small in size, with a big baby, and Bill, who is a big guy, with such a tiny baby.   On top of that, as I say, it looks like Jamey could eat Leah!

But really, congrats to Bill and Lara, and I look forward to watching the two of them grow up and see if Leah ever catches up with Jamey in size.

4 comments:

Jess said...

That picture is so cute...and funny! I hope Jamey does not try to eat her arm!

He does look big in that picture, but I don't think he looks that big in person. Maybe because I'm used to Katie and forget what a tiny tiny baby looks like!

Melissa said...

Yeah, it is hard to believe she is only 4 months younger than he is. I think it is just that she is SO small that it makes him look even bigger.

Aunt Sue said...

He is getting soooo big! What size is he in now? Must be close to a 12 month size already? He is so adorable & the Vote Onsie is too cute. Jacquie was very excited herself that her first voting experience was to vote for the first black president! This was so monumental for all of them.

Yeah Obama!!!

Melissa said...

He is actually still wearing 3-6 month clothing. Some of the stuff is getting tight, but much of it still fits.