Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jump Up, Jump Up and Get Down!


Twenty points to anyone who can identify the song that I used as my title....

And to what does it make reference???  Well, Jamey's new favorite toy, of course.

This past weekend, the three of us took a journey to Grammy and Hoopapa's house in West Virginia to celebrate their birthdays.  While there, they showed Jamey a bunch of new toys they had gotten passed down to him, one of which is often referred to as a "Johnny Jumper" or a "Jumpereroo" or simply, "That Jumpy Thing."  No matter what you want to call it, there is no denying that Jamey took to it immediately.  

I had been noticing for the past week, that Jamey is far happier when I sit him up against my leg or in his Bumbo, or hold him standing up.  He sees all the grown-ups running around and wants to be part of them.  And so, having this mechanism that allows him not only to "stand" on his own, but also jump around and move, is fantastic.  

The best part about it, he will happily sit in it for as much as an hour, which allows Glenn and me to run around the house fervently cleaning and doing the things we can't when we are holding him.  He wore himself out so much the other day that he literally fell asleep in his Jumperoo.  Now if only he would stay asleep when we lay him in his crib....  

But that's another blog entry.....

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

I know that song! I started singing it in my head as soon as I saw your heading! Also used in that Robin Williams movie...which was it? I don't remember, but it was funny! Oh...Mrs. Doubtfire!