Friday, November 23, 2007

Boy or girl?

So the big question, of course, is-- do you want a boy or girl? While I do have to admit that the cliched line is true-- as long as it's healthy, that's all that matters, it did become clear that I wanted to develop something to call "it"-- this bunch of cells growing in me. Glenn's dad kept calling the baby "Junior", but I was adamate that the name be neutral. I suggested "Pat" after the androgenous character on Saturday Night Live, but Glenn liked Alex better. So we decided preliminarily to call it "Alex." But I realized.... how strange would it be to refer to this baby as "Alex" for nine months, only to have it be born and named some completely different name.

No-- we needed a name that really didn't have any meaning. A name that couldn't ever actually be a name. I tried out "Palex" for a little while, but we didn't like that either. Well, after a day of thought, David and Glenn came home with the perfect name...

And so for now, it's not a bunch of cells growing in me. It's "Little Wahoo." (And if you don't know what a Wahoo is, you need to catch up on your UVA history.)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Cute! We had names for Katie too...saying "it" just seems weird. We'll need to see some name polls on here, once you guys pick a few names!

Jackie P. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!I am tickled pink or blue for both of you.Can't wait to see the sonogram pics :).
Much love to both of you....woops,all 3/4 of you.

Love,Aunt Jackie