Saturday, July 19, 2008

1 week old













It has been one week now, and in the last few days, Jamey has been more and more awake. He has been especially wide-eyed around 3 o'clock, giving me the opportunity to take photos.









Jamey loves to sit in his boppy when he is awake, facing out the window. The light fascinates him, and he can just stare for days. (As can Glenn and I-- the only difference being with stare at him!)


Here, a few more photos to enjoy!



-Jamey is a very good baby, as long as you keep him full. He is a big eater, and VERY strong. At times, the main reason, I can't nurse him is because he uses his arms to push me away. At the doctor's visit, he was on his belly, trying to wriggle away from her, and she said, "What are you trying to do? Are you trying to crawl? Yes, you are trying to crawl!"





One more funny story-- I had to go to the OB's office for a check-up on Wednesday, and as I walked in the receptionist gave me a knowing look. As I told her my name, she looked at the other woman and Receptionist 2 said, "told you". At this point, my curiousity is peeked. Receptionist 1 said, "Oh, there was a little rumor and we weren't sure if you had already delivered." She glanced down at my still swollen belly and said, "I can see now, you haven't."

I laughed and said, "Oh, I have. I used to be much bigger."

I didn't care. It was just a funny story!











3 comments:

Megan Van Fleet said...

He is so adorable!!! I'm glad to hear he's so even-tempered, that definitely makes things easier! Hope the family is continuing to do well! What a fun summer this will be for you 3!

Jackie P. said...

I love the pictures!Keep them coming.Jamey definately is one cute baby boy :).

Aunt Sue said...

Wow, he is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing 1 week old!! You are doing so awesome with him, I can tell just by what a great baby he is. The parents ease & good nature is reflected in how a baby acts & feels. He obviously feels your love, warmth & ease.

I knew you guys would be great at this & I really knew he would be a great baby b/c you guys are so great!!

I love you very much, all 3 of you! Wishing you well & keep the blog, email, & phone calls coming! I want to share this in every way possible!

LOVE YOU!

Sue