Sunday, July 13, 2008

James Morgan has arrived!

This is Jess and I'm posting for the new Mommy and Daddy, while they are still at the hospital. For those of you that haven't heard, I will try to summarize the "birth story" and let Melissa give all the details when she returns. Melissa went to the hospital on Friday and found out that she had broken her water. She checked in around 1pm and was attended to by the great nurses and doctors in Fairfax hospital (I was very impressed). She progressed to 4cm in a couple hours, but did not budge after that.
The doctor thought the baby could be too big to deliver naturally and suggested a c-section. After we all waited patiently in the waiting room, we got the big news!

James Morgan Rife

July 11th, 2008 - 9:16pm

9 pounds, 1 ounce

22 1/4 inches in length

Melissa is doing great and is up and walking around. Jamey has been resting peacefully and Glenn is taking care of everyone.
I've posted a couple different photos and a video on my blog, if anyone wants to see more!
~Jess

4 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Yay!! Congrats Mel and Glenn!!

Aunt Sue said...

Thank you again! Lissa is amazing, she looks so great!

Love you Liss, will talk to you guys soon! Give Glen & Jamey lots of hugs & kisses from Aunt Sue!

Kathleen said...

YAYYAYAYAYYAYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Aunt Sue said...

BTW, for the record...on the whole baby pool thing, I was wrong on the date but when Dad called me to tell me he had arrived he asked..."so how big do you think he is"...before he told me I replied "9 lbs". He was amazed that I pretty much guessed it right on. I figured if you went all the way to the due date (how timely of you Jamey), he was probably about 9. Just had to say... : )