Sunday, January 6, 2008

Second doctor's visit

On Friday, Glenn and I went for our second doctor's visit. We were again pleased with our doctor, who proved himself again knowledgable on what I should and should not do. He explained scientifically why, in fact, it is just as fine to sleep on your right side as on your left. (For enquiring minds, yes, there is decreased blood flow when you are on your right side. However, the placenta apparently adjusts for this by decreasing vascular blood flow, or some other big term with vascular in it.) That is what I have liked about him so far. When he tells me not to worry about what the books say, he explains to me scientifically why he is saying that. He isn't just making this stuff up.

But on to the important part, yes, we heard the heartbeat again. I understand that fear that women have of not finding the heartbeat. As I lay there and he moved around looking for it, it hit me... What if he didn't find it? There was a great fear, but I could hear it even faintly before he was right on it. It sounded a little slower than the first time I heard it.

My mommy instinct is still telling me that it is a boy, but we shall see....

No comments: