Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Fetus'" First (and only) Christmas


I had to take a pause from my blog to take a breather for the holidays. This year, there seemed to be so much to do and December seemed to move faster than usual. But, bam, the holiday was upon us. And what a Christmas it was. Glenn's mom said she did it up right because this is the last year where we are "the kids" opening presents. Next year, I fully expect two packages-- a pair of socks and a book. Okay, maybe a little more, but what I found this year, is that really, that is fine with me. What happened to lead me to this point, you may ask? I got the first present for the baby!


True, I have received clothing, but that isn't really a fun toy for the baby. For Christmas, Kim (Glenn's cousin) got us a teddy bear that simulates the sounds of the womb. You put it in the baby's crib and it soothes the baby. We also got some booties. Somehow, getting these things made it all the more real that, yes, there is a baby coming.


And then, from Glenn's parents, we got few items to put into the baby's room. Getting all these things makes me so eager to set up the room and really get ready for this baby. And I realized that watching that baby get all these things, that giving them will be as much fun as getting presents.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Mom won't forget her children...you will still get...but just not as much...it will be for lil wahoo...Dad and I are so excited..when Dad talks about it..he says...Glenn will be a good daddy...and he loves seeing darling Lissa glowing....