Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thank God for Tivo...

I must say, I have always loved Tivo. Being able to record shows without having to press 1,000,000 buttons? Being able to fast forward television? Come on, what's better than that? But lately, the true beauty of Tivo has become clear to me. It was created to keep pregnant women from missing the ends of their favorite shows.

As any pregnant person can tell you, creating a baby is a strenuous, tiring job. And as hard as I try to hold out, I can't seem to make it through an entire episode of anything at night. I sit next to Glenn on the couch and vow that I will not under any circumstances actually lay down because I am so determined to see the end of the episode. See, the moment I put my head on a pillow, I start to fall asleep. The problem is, laying down is just always a little too tempting... And so I do, and am still disillusioned enough to think that this time, for the first time, I won't fall asleep.

Usually, my last words before sleep to Glenn are, "Could you Tivo this, just in case I miss the end?" And usually, he laughs, grins, and says, "Uh, okay."

Needless to say, I have watch the last ten minutes of a lot of shows the day after. They are much better when I am fully awake.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Don't fight it! Two reasons:
1) your body needs rest to make that baby!
2) in about 7 months, sleep will be non existent for quite awhile :)

Kristina Buenafe said...

Congratulations on Baby Rife!