Sunday, June 15, 2008

One month to go!!!

As of last Friday, I have one month left until my due date of July 11. However, many people have told me that they don't think I am going to make it... What do you think?


At this point, I am going to the doctor's every week. Last week was the first of those weekly visits. I can report a few developments after that. 1) The baby is not breach. 2) I am 25% effaced. I know that 25% is nothing, but it only affirmed to me that he is indeed on his way out. The end process has begun. Once again, everything was normal. Blood pressure was great, and the doctor found the heartbeat right away. He actually seemed almost surprised at how loud and strong it was.
The last two weeks have been filled with oodles of parties, only one of which was for me. With the end of school, as well as the month of June, comes graduation parties, weddings, wedding showers, and an occasional birthday. The frequency of these parties is making it difficult for me to truly cut back on the cake the way I should. But I'm working on it.
Last weekend we went to a wedding, and I was reminded of the fact that Lindsay (my sister-in-law) was as big as I am now when we were at Bryan and Nina's wedding. I remembered how she sat for most of the reception and when she did dance, she felt some heavy pitter patter inside her belly. Four days later, my nephew Jack was born. With that in mind, I had thought maybe I shouldn't dance. But when swing music plays, it is pretty much impossible to keep me off the dance floor. Thus, Glenn and I did a very slow controlled swing dance, and a waltz or two. Of course, after three dances, I was out of breath, and that was that.
So now, I thought about a plan for after the next wedding I am going to-- Monica Brown's on June 28th. For those of you who didn't know, I am actually a bridesmaid in that wedding. Monica is a member of my dance group who I have grown very close with. Her mom is making all of our dresses and I get a special dress with an empire waist. I am telling myself that I really would like to hold out until then, but as soon as that wedding is over, all bets are off.
At the reception, I will do some more dancing, and perhaps the next day, I will go eat some Mexican food, which I have been told also brings on babies. Every day Glenn and I will do a little something and try to make Jamie more than happy to come out and say hello. We shall see....

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

I know sis, you have now entered into the "get this baby out of me" zone! Perhaps the wedding will help him out, remember that Lindz was on baby #2 at that point. I AM NOT trying to be discouraging, but 1st babies always like to stay in their cozy little nest until the bitter end. It is great to hope for an early arrival but do not plan every day around it, it will make each day feel like a month. Trust me, I know how hard it is, especially when it is soooo hot! Jacquie was born in a record breaking heat wave (at the end of it) her in Denver. I did EVERYTHING & she stayed until 42 weeks! (and then they induced me).Of course they are more kind than they were 18 years ago & will induce early than 42 weeks nowadays.Try to be calm, he will be here soon & then it will feel like it flew by. I love you sis, I miss you very much! We are all waiting with baited breath, although not as baited as yours & Glenn's. LOL.

Sue