Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shower #3: Family in Roanoke



Let me first say, it hasn't been all that long and yet a lot has happened. This is a prewarning that I am about to put in about four new entries. Read at your leisure.

About three weeks ago, we had our third shower in Roanoke. It was a gathering of much of Glenn's family coming from as far as South Carolina and Ohio. Ages ranged from about eight months old to Glenn's grandmother, whose age I don't actually know. A very cool gathering indeed.


Needless to say, Jamie has been further spoiled and Glenn and I find ourselves one more time asking, "What did we do to deserve all of this?" Bags upon bags of goodies. I must admit, I was a bit nervous about getting more and more clothing, although I do love clothing. But at that point, Jamie's dresser was becoming full. But among the cute outfits, I was actually happy to find that we received a lot of the daily grind products that we needed. Diapers, tubes of various creams, wipes, teethers, rattles, and several jars of vasoline. (Might I add that Glenn claims that we already have a lifetime supply of vaseline at our house for some injury or other that he incurred.)

I tried to tell Glenn that we should take my car to Roanoke, but he wanted to take his in order to install his new HD radio. And in the end, Glenn is Glenn and he became determined to get everything into his car. The back window was lost once it was all in there, but he promised to drive home safely, and judging by the fact that i am writing this, he did.


I would like to send out thanks to Dana and Lana, who hosted the shower. Dana opened up her beautiful new home and allowed me to take over a really comfy recliner for a few hours. Not to mention making chocolate fondue and bananas-- my new obsession. An excellent touch.... having each guest fill out an envelope with their address for the thank you note.

Also at the shower, each guest was told to leave me a little bit of advice. Strangely enough, there was a large number of people who agreed that I needed to sleep while I could. And believe, I am doing my best!!!

No comments: